If God has placed a call upon your life to serve Him in ministry I would like to encourage you to consider the West Texas Bible Institute. You will be joining a learning community engaged in developing skills and knowledge for an effective ministry. There are several reasons to begin or continue your education and ministry preparation.
If we take our calling seriously, we have a responsibility to grow in our understanding of God’s Word and our ability to minister in the church. The people we minister to will grow proportionately to our level of growth.
We are called to be a life-long learner (2 Timothy 2:15). The day we stop learning we stop growing.
If we expect to remain relevant in this rapidly changing culture we must continue to refine our skills. Ministering to today’s issues are more complex than it was a generation ago.
Formal classroom and distance education settings hold the learner accountable. Disciplines are learned and maintained.
Continuing your education can open new doors of ministry.
The Bible Institute is designed to meet the needs of busy church leaders. It exists to help you develop the skills, talents and knowledge necessary to be an effective lay leader or minister. The Bible Institute is a great resource for those seeking credentials for the first time or those desiring to upgrade to the next level of credentialing.
West Texas Bible Institute
- One Saturday per month
- Meet @ District Office
- 10:00 A.M.
- Lunch Provided for $5.00
- Contact: Tracy McWilliams: email@example.com or (806) 790-9377
- BIB 114 Synoptic Gospels: The Life and Teachings of Christ
- THE 114 Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
- BIB 115 Acts: The Holy Spirit at Work in Believers
- BIB 117 Prison Epistles: Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians & Philemon
- BIB 121 Introduction to Hermeneutics: How to Interpret the Bible
- MIN 123 The Local Church in Evangelism
- THE 142 Assemblies of God History, Missions & Governance
- MIN 181 Relationships & Ethics in Ministry
- MIN 191 Beginning Ministerial Internship
LICENSE TO PREACH
- THE 211 Introduction to Theology: A Pentecostal Perspective
- BIB 212 New Testament Survey
- BIB 214 Old Testament Survey
- BIB 215 Romans: Justification by Faith
- MIN 223 Introduction to Homiletics
- THE 245 Eschatology: A Study of Things to Come
- MIN 251 Leadership Skills
- MIN 261 Introduction to Missions
- MIN 281 Conflict Management for Church Leaders
- MIN 291 Intermediate Ministerial Internship
- THE 311 Prayer & Worship
- BIB 313 The Corinthian Correspondence
- BIB 318 Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers & Deuteronomy
- BIB 332 Poetic Books: Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes & Song of Solomon
- MIN 325 Preaching in Cultural Context
- MIN 327 Church Administration, Law and Finance
- MIN 381 Pastoral Ministry
- MIN 391 Advanced Ministerial Internship